Quotes by other writers always encourage me when I’m struggling to move on in my writing. I think it’s because other writers are on the same journey as I am, either ahead of me in their journey or somewhere I’ve already been. But the thing is, other writers struggle with the same things I struggle with. Their quotes speak to me because they know what I’m going through, and they know just the encouragement I need to keep going.
This week I thought I’d share with you guys my favorite quotes by other writers. I love these quotes so much! I even have all of them up in my room, that way whenever I need encouragement I can read them and get inspired. I hope that if any of you guys are struggling writers, these quotes will help you with your writing journey.
1. “You can make anything by writing.” -C.S. Lewis
2. “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” -Benjamin Franklin
3. “Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.” -Louis L’Amour
4. “You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can’t edit a blank page.” -Jodi Picoult
5. “If I waited till I felt like writing I’d never write at all.” -Anne Tyler
6. “The only writer to whom you should compare yourself is the writer you were yesterday.” -David B. Schlosser
7. “You don’t write because yo want to say something, you write because you have something to say.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald